Friday, June 10, 2011

HER MANSION'S READY, MOM WENT TO GLORY #69106092011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#69106092011

Her Mansion’s Ready, Mom Went to Glory

Sunday May 29th at 5:35 A.M. mom heard the call and went to Glory. Oh what a happy day for her. Sad day for us left behind but the Lord finished her Mansion, got the floors all swept and cleaned and she is enjoying it today.

Lois Viola (Lee) Dasher, earth time 89 years will spend eternity with Jesus and those who have gone on before. This makes me want to go that much more. As a song written by Dottie Rambo says, “I’ve got more to go to heaven for than I had yesterday.”

Over the years I’ve shared my mother with you. I’m a little slow with this writing because I don’t know what to say. Anything I say will not do justice to the love and care she has given to me, my brothers, my family and friends.

Well mom, you have talked about it, taught about it, and longed for it. I wish you could give us just a glimpse of what it is like today. I want to take time to cry but after what you suffered the last five months I had to say thank you Jesus and praised the Lord when I received the call.

I’m eating a bowl of grits in honor of you as I write this but it’s not your grits with eggs and tomato gravy with lots of ham on the side. Mom you said your talent was cooking and already people are missing your macaroni and cheese and banana pudding that only you could make.

Lord, I thank you for a God fearing loving mother that has brought me to the cross and encouraged me many times with my family. Lord she is secure in your hands today. Lord, my goal is to meet her when my journey is completed here on earth. Lord I know I will never be the cook she was but I do want to love people and be the prayer warrior she was and see souls uplifted when you place them in my pathway.

While at the church for her Celebration service I told her family and friends that she was pleased to see them here today but she would be even more pleased if they were in church on Sunday. That was my mom; she loved to go to church and would get out in the ice and snow when she should have stayed at home. Mom, your example for our family will always be in our hearts and minds. I hope we never lose the desire to be in the house of God and we always go ready to worship the Lord as she did.

Her pastor said it well; she supported every pastor she ever had. When she was troubled about the way one was doing things she would just pray and pray and pray. As a pastor I am not always right but having a member like her praying for me helps me get where I need to go.

Mom I miss our daily phone calls, even when you had trouble hearing me I knew you were there and it was a joy to hear your voice and hear you talk about the Lord. Mom with the Lord’s help I will continue to pray for your prayer tree, I don’t have the pictures on the wall like you did but I try to lift them up before the Lord.

Well, I could write a book but will close for now; I thank all of your that prayed for my mom please don’t stop praying because her family has the same needs she shared with you. Thanks for listening to a grateful son who loves his mom and tried to do everything possible to help her as did her family.

Mom my plan is to see you in heaven just as soon as my mansion is ready, swept, and cleaned and God says it’s time for me to come home. See you there, yes, that will be a “Glad Reunion Day.”

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: