Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ALL THE WAY #6950272011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#69506272011

ALL THE WAY

“All the way, all the way, I’ll be willing Lord to run all the way.” An old song you younglings have perhaps never heard. How willing are we today to run all the way? When one accepts the Lord they are on fire and willing to go anywhere. New converts are exciting as they share what God has done for them.

My wife tells the story of her desire to go and do whatever but she thought the Lord knew she meant right here in her home town. Little did she or I know it meant going several other places in our lives.

I often ask myself Lord am I willing to go all the way as I was in the past? I want to think I am willing but one does have to stop and check sometimes. My precious mother even talked to me in recent years about her wondering if she was doing all God expects of her.

I think it is good to stop and think about it but we should not allow ourselves to dwell on the thought and not take action when God leads us. Life on earth is too short to want to fail to be willing to go all the way. Another old song says “Where He leads me I will follow.” Lord help me today to be ready and willing to go all the way where ever you may lead.

As we see our world getting into the tragic shape that the Bible tells us will happen before the Lord returns it makes me want to seek God with all my heart and be ready to go.

Joel 2:28 tells us about the day of the Lord when he will pour out his spirit. Read with me.

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Peter quoted this passage in Acts 2:16-21. It took place on the day of Pentecost. Joel visualized this time when it would be available to every believer. And I want you to know God’s spirit is available to anyone who calls upon the Lord.

We need God’s spirit to lead us and guide us as we seek his face. With his spirit we will be equipped to go all the way. So in closing I cry out with Joel when he wrote Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is neigh at hand. Folks” I’m too near my heavenly home to turn back now.”

If you need Jesus, confess your sins, as the closing verse each week shares he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: