Friday, July 01, 2011

LET FREEDOM #69607012011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#69607012011

LET FREEDOM REIGN

In the United States of American it is July 4th weekend. This is a time we celebrate our liberty and our freedom. Independence Day honors the birthday of the United States of America and the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. It's a day of picnics and patriotic parades, a night of concerts and fireworks, and a reason to fly the American flag.

In spite of our many differences we come together and proudly proclaim to the world this weekend to “Let Freedom Reign.” Over the past 235 years many men and women have given their lives so we can have this special time to celebrate our Nation. I am so thankful for those who have served and those who serve today to make this a reality.

I know in far too many circles God is being left out in our conversations and our lives but as long as I have breath I will proclaim “My God, How Great Thou Art.”

The majority of Americans still cling to the hope we have in God. We cling to his promises from the Bible that is a continual light on our path.

I am saddened that our leaders are yielding to the minority in our Nation that want God left out of everything. I even read today that some Chaplains in our military are not being allowed to have the freedom to pray as their hearts dictate and prayers must be written and approved leaving out words like God and Jesus.

Well folks I take my stand on this, I don’t write prayers, I pray as the spirit of God leads me. I will not yield to not using God in my prayers and I will continue to pray in the name of Jesus. It is God who has made us, if we are ashamed of our Creator and our Savior we are in trouble. Even his chosen the children of Israel were forsaken when they turned their backs on God Jehovah.

Now is not a good time to put God on the side line, we need him on the front line if we hope to endure as a people and as a Nation. We are blessed as a Nation and I desire God’s blessings to continue. This will only happen as we remember him.

Well, that’s my thoughts for the day; I pray you “Keep on the Firing Line” for God and continue to stand and “Let Freedom Reign.”

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: