Friday, March 01, 2013

SET AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS #79702232013



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#79702232013

SET AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS
In studying for my sermon on 1st Corinthians Chapter 4, I like this example given in Tyndale’s Life Application Bible for the Christian. 

Throughout Scripture setting an example is stressed as an important element of discipleship.

Matthew 11:29
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Jesus told the followers to learn from his example of gentleness and humility.

Philippians 3:17 17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 

Paul urged believers to follow his example of enthusiasm, perseverance, and maturity.

1Thess 1:6-7 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.

The new Christians at Thessalonica received training in discipleship from Paul, and even in suffering they expressed what they had leaned.

1st Tim 1;16 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul used his unworthiness to receive Christ as an example of grace so that no one would hold back from coming to Christ.

1st Peter 5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.

Peter taught Christian leaders to lead by example, not by commands.
Paul told the Corinthian believers to imitate. As a body of Christ, believers must show Christ to the world by being examples. Nonbelievers should be able to see Christ in believers and be so drawn to what they see that they seek Christ and his salvation. What kind of example are you?

I sing a song “Have I done my best for Jesus.” When we are truly able to answer this question I think we will find ourselves humble in the site of the Lord and be ready for service.

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: