Friday, January 03, 2014

Lord What Would You Have Me To Say? #83611182013




SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
 #83611182013

LORD WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME TO SAY?

I’ve been a little discouraged with my writing and mailing of Surfing with Jesus the last few weeks because of the difficulties I’ve had with format and changes made with the company I use to send it out. But I am determined to get back on track and write.

This is why my topic is “Lord What Would You Have Me to Say?”
Lord I want to take time to thank you for the thousands of friends I have had the opportunity to share your love and your word to as I write. I started writing because I had a need and have ended up being blessed by many folks around the world.

I am thankful, Lord; you have blessed me and fed me thru writing and sharing. I always look forward to it and I am leaning on you as I write this morning. Psalms 121proclaims: (KJV)

121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

I have used this Psalm many times and it is helping me today and I thank God for it. One writer in my Life Application Bible by Tyndale made this comment about this song.

“This song expresses assurance and hope in God’s protection day and night. He not only made the hills but heaven and earth as well. We should never trust a lesser power than God himself. But not only is he all-powerful, he also watches over us. Nothing detracts or deters him. We are safe. We never outgrow our need to God’s untiring watch over our lives.”

Wow, how powerful. As we go our way this week and prepare for another Thanksgiving Holiday this month may we have thankful hearts for all he has done?

 One writer put it this way:

“Oh, the best is yet to come when I walk though Heaven’s gate.
The first time I see Jesus I can hardly wait.
He'll show me to my mansion, say child this is your home.
Oh I have a feeling in my heart the best is yet to come.”

Have a great day in the Lord.

REMEMBER
“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: