Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Keep Moving

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

58409012009

Keep Moving

We are in a time in the Body of Christ when many, many are weary. They are weary of the battle, weary of standing and believing, weary of not seeing their prayers answered. I can fully understand this feeling. I can relate because I have had the same emotions lately. But when have to fight these feelings - they are just that, feelings, and the truth is that God's word will not fail, regardless of how we feel.

I had spent a few days praying about this exact thing - asking God for answers for our partners who are waiting on their manifestations. God says if we need wisdom to ask Him for it, so I have been doing just that.

After spending a late night in prayer, I decided to get out for awhile the next day and clear my mind - as I did, God showed me something about movement.

I was driving to a town an hour away from home, suddenly I drove into a hard rain, and it was raining so hard that you could not see in front of you. All other cars had pulled over to the side of the road to wait out the rain and to wait until they could see once again to move forward.

Due to the fact that I literally could not see a foot in front of me, I started to pull over to the side of the road and wait for the storm to pass but God spoke to me and said 'keep moving.' I said 'Lord, I can't see a thing' yet He repeated 'don't stop, keep moving.' I kept driving and in less than two minutes I drove out of the storm.

I continued on and went about my shopping. A couple hours later the same thing happened again. Once again the rain was very heavy and caused me to have NO visibility. Again, all the other travelers were pulled over waiting for the storm to pass. Again, God said 'keep moving.' So I did. Once again, I drove out of the storm in minutes, I kept watching in my rear view mirror and the other vehicles were still stopped in the storm. You see, the rain was not coming at them or from behind them, but across their path. Therefore if you just kept driving within a mile, you were out of the storm.

Knowing this and knowing that Breanne was coming this direction I called her and said to her 'Bre, you will be coming to a place where there is a heavy rain, so heavy you won't be able to see, but don't pull over and stop - keep going.' She said 'okay Mom.'

I believe many of us are experiencing these storms, and these places where we can't see the next step, our visibility seems to have been compromised. I also believe some of us have pulled over to the side of the road to await direction - but don't stop, keep moving. If you will simply keep moving, you will find that you pass through this time very quickly - it will not last near as long as it would if you decide to stop. Keep moving. You may feel like you can't see where you are going and you may feel like you are moving at a snail's pace, but keep moving.

It’s not fun to keep moving when you can't see. It's not comfortable to keep driving in a storm when you may feel fear or danger or anxiety - keep moving - you will drive out of the place of limited visibility and into a place where the clouds are gone and the sun is shining again and you will see exactly where you are and where you are going. But you must keep moving.

Those folks who pulled over to the side of the road to allow the storm to pass, they remained in the storm much longer than I did because of one thing...I listened for God and I kept moving. I suggest you do the same thing...listen for God and keep moving. If He is not speaking, don't stop, keep moving, and keep doing the last thing He told you to do. Don't stop. Don't pull over. Don't make camp in this place, keep moving. By Kim Potter, thanks cyd for sharing.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com.

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

Since some of you have had problems making updates or changes thru my service you may send everything to Surfing with Jesus at genedash@yahoo.com.

If you desire.

No comments: