Saturday, November 12, 2011

THANKSGIVING LIST #71511132011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#71511132011

THANKSGIVING LIST

I have people asking for a Christmas list and I’m thankful but no one has asked me for a Thanksgiving list. Amazing, Christmas is just weeks away and our gift list tends to be more important than a Thanksgiving list for all God has done.

Do you have a Thanksgiving list? As we go into this festive month of sharing time with family and eating too much; I want to take time to thank God for what he has done for me this year.

This time last year I never knew all the things that would come my way. I am thankful I didn’t know because God knew when he would have me prepared for each event. I am going to mention some of the events not as a gloom and doom thing but to let you know God always gives us “enough” to meet the things that come our way.

Things that came along:

My mother had a massive stroke December 16, 2010 two days short of her 89th birthday. This led to her going to heaven May 29, 2011. I’m thankful two hours before I was talking to her and enjoying my regular conversations with her. I’m thankful God took her home so she would not suffer anymore and could rejoice with Jesus. She loved the Lord and had a great testimony of his love.

Lost our little dog Tucker on Valentine Day, we were half way to see my mom in Ohio when the call came and it broke our heart but I’m thankful for the short life we had with him.

My son has been at the point of death twice this year. He was in the hospital over a week each time. God has blessed us to still have him and I appreciate the Lord for his mercy.

My daughter faithfully sings for us each Sunday at our church and I thank God she allows the Spirit of God to feed us with words of love and encouragement.

My wife, bless her heart continues to find ways to break bones. This year she broke her arm in the doctor’s office and her ankle was shattered trying to tend to her new dog. She continues to struggle with her ankle but she says I’m not going to quit. This lady came to church by sliding down the steps at our home so she could play the music and teach her class. When she came home she crawled up the steps. I’m thankful she loves us enough to want to bless us. Most folks stay at home over a whole lot less. She’s a trooper.

My Uncle mom’s youngest brother; the one in perfect health died on Labor Day, he got up to walk down the lane at his home like he always does but when his precious wife found him he was gone. He was a blessing to many and we are happy for him but sad he’s not with us today.

Like you I could go on and on, there is so much I’m thankful for this year. How could I forget the four tornados’ that destroyed hundreds of homes in our town killing nine and injuring many? These destructive winds brushed up against my daughter’s home, barely touched my sons home and missed us by six houses. We had to replace the roof on my son’s home and our home and my daughter is still in need of clean up from trees that fell around her but we are alive and well. Thank you Jesus!

What are you thankful for this year? “Count your blessings name them one by one see what God hath done.” You will be surprised just what God hath done. Have a thankful month and remember to thank Jesus for all he hath done.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com



No comments: