Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I can't believe it; this is the Last Day of 2014 #88312312014

SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
Web Site:  http://surfingwithjesus.org    #88312312014

I can’t believe it; this is the Last Day of 2014

No, it can’t be? This is the last day of 2014? I must be getting old because I can’t remember where all this year has gone. The “ole” folks use to say the older you get the faster life passes you by. Hum, do I have to accept I am one of them “ole” folks now?

Don’t laugh at me, some of you know what I mean. Whew! It seems the year just begin but then, I think a moment and begin to remember all that has taken place and I guess it is the end of 2014.

So, Lord, thank you for this another year on planet earth and thank you for being with me each step of the way. You know, I had a scare or two but you kept your promise and did leave me.

I want to thank you for the days I was able to walk and sing, and listen to your still small voice and hear the birds and other creatures sing unto you. Thank you Lord for feeling your spirit as I communed with you during these precious times as you gave me strength for each day.

Lord, thank you for helping us as we had some hard times with my daughter and her cancer and my son and his continual battle with his legs. I also thank you for helping my wife with her legs and feet and me with my aches and pains and eye surgery and dental situations. You are a great big wonderful God and I just want to give you a hug.

Lord, thank you for helping our little flock at church as they overcame struggles in their lives this year. We are still here, we still come each Sunday to lift your name in praise and receive strength for yet another day. Thank you Lord.

And now here it is another end of the year and we are still here, Lord we haven’t forgotten your word; we are still looking for your return and believe it is near. Help us as we finish this year to not grow weary or faint but to rest upon your promises and lean not to our own understanding of the day but to trust and obey you as you direct our path.

Well, here I go out to use up this last day you have blessed me with in 2014, I hope to see you soon in 2015. I’m excited about what you have in store for me. Thank you again for being there and being here. I love you.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.
Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: